Home | Intro | All Urban PV Projects | Best Practices | PV Communities | BIPV Products | Links | Credits

BI PV Urban Scale Project Details
 
Name projectAsan Green Village
CountryKorea
Year2005-00-00 (Start operation date)
PV applicationInclined roof - mounted
PV power total kWp
LocationAsan, Changnam
Latitude/Longitude36°47'0"N 127°12'0"E
AsanGreenVillage.png
© S-energy co., ltd.
PicturesPDF'sSub-projectsSummary

Project summary
Asan green village is one of the projects developed under the Local Energy Development Program in Korea. The objective of the program is to construct a cluster of homes whose energy is largely supplied by renewable energy sources. There are 26 buildings in Asan green village and each building has 4 families. The PV systems total capacity is 208kW and the capacity for each building is 8kW (2kW/home).

Urban scale PV aspects
Asan green village consists of 26 buildings and each building has 4 families. The PV systems total capacity is 208kW and the capacity for each building is 8kW. So there are 104 families in this PV community with 2kWp/home.

Special PV project info
PV architecture and building integrationThe buildings layout was developed, as their roofs would face to the south direction. PV modules were mounted in the angle of inclination of the roof.
Urban planning issues
Economical and financial issuesA scheme of the Local Energy Development Program is that a local government shares 30% of the installation cost and the central government pays the rest (70%). Each family substitutes 80% electric charges off on PV.
PV ownershipBuilding owner: Inhabitant. PV owner: Inhabitant. PV energy user: Inhabitant.
Tariffs and metering
Info on grid issues-
Other infoAsan green village was constructed by Habitat for Humanity Korea. Habitat for Humanity Korea, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, was initiated in 1992 and formally registered with the government in 1995, and has built 396 houses through 13 local affiliates across the country and another 379 houses overseas for low-income families as of December 2005. The founding and current chairman of the board of Habitat for Humanity Korea is Dr. KunMo Chung, formerly the Korean Minister of Science and Technology, currently president of Myongji University and president of the Korean Academy of Science and Technology.
Remarks and recommended reading

Other project data
Type of project
Other relevant aspects
Start of PV project
Start operation PV system2005-00-00
Main project leading companyS-energy co., ltd.
Main project contact person
Contact email
Contact addressS-energy co., ltd., 10th Fl., E&C Venture Dream Tower VI, 197-28, Guro-dong, Guro-gu, Seoul 152-719
Includes PV database projects

Urban district data
Kind of urban areaResidential - urban
Main building typesHouses - attached houses
New/Retrofit/AddedSeparately added to the building
Main PV area address

PV systems
PV applicationInclined roof - mounted
PV power total urban project208 kWp
Number of dwellings/units26
PV power per dwellings/units8 kWp
Main PV system typesGrid-connected - demand side
Main PV module typesFramed - regular module
Main PV cell typesCrystalline silicon - multi
PV module brand and typeS-energy co., ltd.
PV inverter brand and typeFronius

PV cost and energy production
Total PV system investment
Subsidy
Average PV modules only costs
Total PV energy yield0 kWh
PV energy user owner

Websites
Projects websitehttp://www.s-energy.co.kr
Other websites
Webpage Educational Tool

PDF's
1. AsanGreenVillage.png (language: English)

Keywords
(bipv) building integrated pv

PicturesPDF'sSub-projectsSummary